Thursday, January 23, 2014

Seany (aka Hubs) Tribute

So, I'm not much of a social media sharer besides photos on Instagram and I'm not a big husband bragger, but I kinda feel this nagging urge to do so. That's why I chose this forum, my mainly "secret" blog that no one knows about. If some day, I do share this blog more widely or someone comes across it, that's ok too, as tributes are meant to be shared, right? I'm also aware that he is the one follower I have on here, so I think it will be a nice surprise.

I am full of gratitude that is so multi-level, I'm not even sure how to express it. Firstly, it's amazing to me how much our love has grown since we journeyed into parenthood together. The challenges have been very challenging, but only made us stronger. And, as any parent knows, the rewards are simply indescribable.

Like all relationships, ours is unique and just ours. We have figured out how to give and take and be there for one another in ways that we might not even be aware of at that time, but knowing that someone is there for you and that person knows what you need and has the courage and love to provide it is such a beautiful foundation of a relationship. I'm lucky enough to know what that feels like.

When I went back to work full-time when Brady was 3 months old and it was excruciating to be away from my infant for 10 hours a day and our family quality time diminished because our hectic lives were just dizzy, I had nothing but support from Sean when I left my career to downsize to a part-time position in another field. When that proved to be just as terrible a fit for our family, he was courageous enough to encourage me to leave the paid workforce and be home full-time with our son. We were both scared about the finances, although we'd been making major adjustments to our lifestyle and downsizing everything possible, but it's still scary venturing into the unknown. I am so grateful for his support because without it I don't think we would all be as happy as we are today. There is so much more harmony in our routine, so much more time to spend together and enjoy as a family with me working inside the home.

Brady and I are so happy that Sean has a job that he is good at and finds fulfilling and has friends at (even though it is very stressful at times). I know it's hard to leave when we are messy-haired and snuggly in the morning and he has to trudge off into the cold. I am so happy and grateful to have the days that I have home with the cutest little man in my life.

Some of my favorite memories are when I need to go upstairs to do something and all I hear is Sean and Brady downstairs cracking up playing football or doing something funny. I can tell they have a lot of fun together and that is probably one of the best things in my life.

If there was a best husband award, I'd nominate Sean because he has been such a supportive spouse, friend, dad and teammate. I love how he appreciates all the dinners I make even though I'm not the best cook out there. I love that he loves to be home with us and just wear pajamas and drink coffee. I love that we all go out to breakfast on the weekends sometimes and have fun over chocolate milk and French toast. I love how much he appreciates all that I do around the house and understands the challenges of being a stay at home parent and told me jokingly the other day that he'll do a quarterly performance review so that I can know how good I'm doing - because he knows that kind of stuff is really important to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment