Thursday, December 10, 2015

Why I love making lip balm, and everything else...

I think I'm addicted to creating things. It's an outlet for me, like many others. I've always loved to scrapbook, read, journal, bake, make just about anything I could get my hands and glue on. Once I start the process, things just flow because I get really excited. I move so fast that I make mistakes but then I laugh at them as evidence that I was in my creative brain and not my critical brain - which is where I really want to be!

I've always loved science, labs especially, where you get to mix stuff up. I think that's part of the reason I'm really enjoying mixing up so many batches of lip balms lately. And bath salts. And lotion. And sugar scrubs. And makeup. And deodorant. Sean couldn't stop me if he tried! Hehe - well, actually he doesn't try, he only ever encourages me and supports me and helps me with the recipes when lots of numbers are involved. He's the best. Remember in high school when you had to convert cm to inches or mL to gallons? NOW I get it! This is why! When I'm converting drops of essential oils in order to perfect the dilution amount, I need to know that stuff so that I can understand the percentages. Ahhh, it's all coming full circle.

I'm feeling blessed and hugged by life and the energy around me is fluffy. A good fluffy. I'm continuing to search for gratitude and the days when I'm constantly complaining, in my head or with my mouth, I struggle and strive to remember that this life is what I make of it. And sometimes that's enough to rope me back in. And sometimes I need yoga or a cup of tea to ground my feet and not fall out of the "tree pose" that is my life.

much love this holiday season radiates from me to you!

xo, marjorie sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment